Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tour de Leelanau - Results from the road race in Traverse City, MI (my hometown)



This past weekend was not only the Memorial Day weekend, but also race weekend in Traverse City. Some good teams showed up again this year to race "the hidden gem of american racing." By looking at the pictures above, you can imagine why this statement is true. The area is beautiful for biking and general summer time enjoyment. Hopefully this race continues to grow from the race that my big 'bro and I raced ten years ago (winning prize by the way was a fresh loaf of bread) to become a mainstay in U.S. races.
I was happy to see some people I rode with, when I was living there (and my big 'bro still rides with), placed decently considering they were racing with some of the best american riders.
Check out some of the race details at Cycling News website http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2008/may08/leelanau08

No comments: