Monday, December 10, 2007

Riders on the Storm


Ahhhh snow!!! I shot this picture on my drive up to the ski hill on Saturday. It was soooooo nice to have some snow and believe it or not.........weather (I was starting to think it didn't exist anymore). Usually there's a total lack of weather in Las Vegas, so it was super nice to have some clouds and snow and yes, even cold temperatures. On Saturday and Sunday I don't think it broke the mid 20 degree mark at the ski hill (due to the 8,400' elevation). The colder temps made it feel a little bit more like winter rather than the slight variations of summer it normally feels like in the stinky L.V.
Anyways, I spent the weekend skiing/partrolling and doing snow study stuff which is always cool. I was on tele's all weekend getting continuously humbled as I am just beginning to transition and learn telemarking. Since I have been alpine and AT skiing for so long it felt reallllllll strange having my heel free on the telemark skis. But it was fun and I suck............ the goal is to keep the fun, but exchange the sucky part to become at least somewhat proficient at tele'ing. We'll see in time I guess 'eh.

2 comments:

Ben said...

We need to go before you get any better on those tele skis so I don't feel like a complete jack-ass.

It's been about 5 years since I've been on them but I'll give it a shot.

The Crandizzels said...

Thats not snow....... that is more like a little sploog on the the sagebrush.....